The work is ensured by students in their second year of their doctorate in medicine. Each team invests a total of 65 hours into the project (20 hours of planning and 45 hours of realization). The student team, is supervised by a member of personnel from the Faculté de médecine et des sciences de la santé.
Les projets n’ont pas besoin d’être en lien avec la santé ou la médecine, bien au contraire! Les projets peuvent être très variés.
The projects must:
- Be related to improving the overall health and well-being of people and the population.
- Target a specific population and respond to a need.
- Respect the calendar of academic activities.
- Respect the approximate number of hours provided and be of adequate size for a team of 5 to 7 students.
- Do not require students to search for funding (unless the project is a fundraiser)
- Allow the teams to mobilize the knowledge acquired in the courses on project management: distribution of roles, budget planning, scheduling, deliverables, etc.
The working hours of the students is volunteer. The host organization can receive financial support from the Faculty of up to $500 for the realization of the project.
The idea for the project must be submitted by the beginning of February at the latest. The projects take place over a one-year period, from May 2022 to May 2023.
Due to the pandemic, students must foresee ways and adjustments to their project which will facilitate the realization, while respecting any applicable public and social health guidelines.
To discover all the details and become a partner of the project, consult the Faculté de médecine et des sciences de la santé website.
Since 2018, almost 90 projects have taken place in the community. Discover the projects completed between our partner organizations in 2020-2021!