In the wake of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission, interest in Aboriginal issues has grown rapidly in Canadian colleges and universities.
A significant number of members of the PRESE’s college and university communities are interested in various aspects of Aboriginal issues:
- Recruitment and retention of First Peoples students in college and university
- Support for success and cultural safety
- Promotion of Aboriginal languages and cultures
- Integration of historical and cultural content related to First Peoples in elementary, secondary and college curricula
- Scientific research on First Peoples issues
The PRESE has created a Facebook exchange group to bring together members of the college and university communities of the Eastern Townships interested in Aboriginal issues. If you are interested in joining this group, please contact the PRESE Coordination Office.