The services are provided by university trainees in the maîtrise en physiothérapie, supervised by a team of qualified professionals.
What is the Coop CURE?
The Clinique universitaire de réadaptation de l’Estrie (CURE) is a unique cooperative rehabilitation clinic. Its mission is to provide physiotherapy and occupational therapy services, primarily to people of all ages who do not have access to these services and who are socioeconomically vulnerable.
The clinic participates in the evolution of the skills and knowledge of students and clinicians by adopting innovative and exemplary approaches.
Physiotherapy services are offered to the public for the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions in various forms: assessment and treatment, exercise classes, research projects (tele-rehabilitation and others).
At the first appointment, the team will evaluate your condition and propose a treatment plan including a home exercise program.
- General orthopaedics: Tendonitis, bursitis, sprains, lumbago, herniated discs, stenosis, osteoarthritis, neck pain, plantar fasciitis, De Quervain’s tenosynovitis, sports injuries
- Temporomandibular joint (jaw)
- Rheumatology: rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis, juvenile arthritis, etc.
- Vestibular rehabilitation (vertigo)
- Neurology (insured clients): Stroke, multiple sclerosis, etc.
- Pediatrics: Congenital torticollis and plagiocephaly, developmental delay, gait disorder, postural problems, musculoskeletal problems (club feet, sprains, post-fractures, etc.), coordination and/or balance problems
Services are offered at reduced rates to uninsured clients. Membership in the cooperative is required to access services. Preferential rates are offered to the student community of the Université de Sherbrooke.
Insured persons are eligible for treatment at the CURE, but at costs equivalent to those of private clinics in the region.
Consult the Coop CURE website to find out about the treatment prices.
Monday and Wednesday : 8:30 to 20:00
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday : 8:30 to 16:30
The clinic is closed on weekends, public holidays and during the holiday season.
The clinic is located at the Campus de la Santé de l’Université de Sherbrooke
3001, 12e Avenue Nord, Sherbrooke (Pavillon Z7, local 2525)
Parking is free.
Physiotherapy services are offered primarily to a non-insured clientele who have access to reduced rates by becoming members of the cooperative. Insured persons are also eligible to be followed at the CURE, at costs similar to other private clinics in the region.